Brought back our fairy tale theme. Check our twitter for the latest open threads/updates on the site. HAPPY ROLEPLAYING!
Why to join our site?
1. Healthy active community.
2. Liquid timelines, rp your past, present, future.
3. Member driven storylines, tons of opportunity.
4. Friendly staff!
5. Because it is based on OUAT.
Have you ever dreamed of being a Princess or a Prince in a far and distant land? The villains in your dreams were usually defeated by the heroes, but what if the villains actually stood a chance. Welcome to a Fairy Tale unlike the ones you were told as a child. Once Upon a Dream is a Mature Literate Roleplay forum designed for the busy Roleplayer.
We welcome Disney/Folklore/Fairy Tale based Originals.
Post by The Mad Hatter on Mar 25, 2014 21:21:48 GMT -5
obsessive, cunning , volatile
Reasons You Want Your Character to Plot with Jeff:
[x] He makes wicked tea. [x] He serves biscuits with that tea. [x] Um, hi. Have you seen how stylish his hats are? You know you want one. [x] He’s well-traveled and probably knows someone who knows someone who can help you get what you want. [x] He's educated and cultured; dull conversations are not welcome here. [x] If you're his friend, he's less likely to want to kill you. ;D (Wait, what?! That's right. Jefferson can't recall the past year of his life and more and more clues are pointing towards a 'Homicidal Maniac' chapter. Jump in on this sub-plot! I'm open to ideas!) [x] …If you want drugs, Jeff might be able to hook you up. Hahawhatdon’ttellGraceorEmma.
Friends: Open! But I’m eyeing you, Wonderland folk. Enemies: Also open; but the show makes it pretty clear there’s bad blood between Jefferson and the Mills women. Lovers: C’moonnnn. He’s Storybrooke’s resident DILF! But on a serious note, he’s a pretty solitary guy and he doesn’t trust many people around his daughter. Also a little aggressive. Be prepared for a very slow and grueling process if you mean to get to know him in any kind of intimate fashion.
Post below or PM with any ideas, inklings, stirrings, etc. Let’s plot. <3
Post by Princess Winnifred/ Freddie on Mar 25, 2014 22:51:36 GMT -5
Okay! I have three girls.
First I have Tinkerbell. She spent the first three hundred years or so of her life as a fairy in the Enchanted Forest, but probably traveled to other lands. She was a terrible fairy and eventually given the boot and then she went off to Neverland, which was super dumb of her, but it changed her a lot and now she's kind of a grump and snarky, but fun and mischievous. It's possibly they met in Neverland but unless you have a brilliant idea, she's already got a few meetings there (Bae and Hook), so I don't know if I want to rehash anything similar. It's possible they could have met when she was a fairy still, but I don't think so. They do share a dislike of Regina though, so there's some bonding for them. I am not thinking of anything particularly great, but always open to ideas.
Strangely I think Winnie and her alter ego Freddie would get along best with him. It wouldn't be my initial thought, but reading over his info, I think actually they might. Winnie is The Princess and The Pea princess, except she was never really a princess; just sort of an accident that she fell in with a weirdo family who thought she was a princess and tried to marry her off to their son. Anyway, she spent a bit of time having her own adventure in the Enchanted Forest, so while not necessarily well traveled as Jefferson, she has been through some different things. Again, perhaps this is where they could have met each other, maybe even before he is The Crazy Mad Hatter. I am looking for a few people that could have helped her on her own adventure. Maybe she could have gotten injured, he could find her and let her stay with him for a little while? I think if they were to meet in some capacity before he loses his daughter, that would be really interesting and give them a lot of places to develop. She is very loyal so even though he is different now, she would still see him as a friend and while she wouldn't force herself on him in any way, she would still care about him. She's also very intelligent, though most of it is book smart and a lot of it has to do with nature and husbandary, so not exactly the most cultured, but she's an eager learner, so she would find him fascinating. There is a lot I can see with them, to be honest, so let me know if you are interested in any of the word vomit I just threw at you or if you have other ideas.
Then I have Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)/ Madeline Medina. She's very very old but looks like a Titanic era Kate Winslet, haha. But basically she's a jewelry designer for the rich and royal. She is very cold and aloof, but also cunning. She really loves extravagant hats, so I could see a possibility of a business relationship of some kind, but I'm not sure if there would be much more. She very much dislikes children and has used them for slave labor and would probably eat their hearts if she could find a good recipe for them. Some kind of weird enemyship but pretending to be friendly?
Post by The Mad Hatter on Mar 26, 2014 0:23:56 GMT -5
Okay, here's my plot-puke in return. c:
1) I adore Tink. Love her snark and street-smarts. But I agree--there isn't a whole lot of window of opportunity for them to have met prior to her going to Neverland. And, honestly, I think Jeff avoided Neverland as much as he could. A portal-hopper can sneak around rules and such, but Pan's big "can't get off the island without me knowing" would have made travel there a liability. Jefferson-post-curse is a little crazed, but before that he was a savvy man and I can't see him putting himself in danger's way lightly. Perhaps they can meet this time around in cursed Storybrooke? :] If not...I will have more characters to plot with Tink!
2) I love that! Having someone who knew him pre-Wonderland and madness would act as a nice anchor and a reminder of a time in his life when he was grounded and less angry. He'd still be tentative about trusting her, but that's his M.O. with anyone that's not Grace. I'll have to check with Paige Grace about timeline and such, but Winnie might have stayed with them while Grace was alive? If it had worked out when she roomed with them before, he would at least be slightly more inclined to believe she wasn't a threat to them. And if Grace had any kind of attachment to her...well, we know he's not going to say no to that sweet little face. <3 We could try threading some of the time in which they co-habitated?
3) I think a strained business partnership would be very fitting. If Jefferson caught word of her whole children-scheme, he'd be pretty irate. Perhaps he's kept her business just to keep an eye on her? He would certainly never let her near the house nor utter Grace's name in her presence. Possibly his bleeding heart gets the better of him at some point and he tries to pull one over on her...sell her a cursed hat or smuggle something to the children through a shipment. That could prove for an eventually interesting thread as well?
Post by Henry Mills on Mar 26, 2014 4:31:38 GMT -5
Henry and Jefferson: So I was thinking that perhaps they met during season 1 at some point ? This is Au so it can happen, though I would like to maybe expand more on their meeting in season 2. Henry will be good friends with Grace/paige. I think also perhaps a thread set during season 3B maybe ?
Pan and Jefferson: Okay so he avoided Neverland like the plague smart man maybe he meets the somehow very alive Pan during the missing year ?
Conrad and Jefferson: I don't really see these two as meeting
William III: He doesn't really stray too far from his mother [pirates of the Caribbean] but he's the kid of the pirate king and very good with a sword at 10 years old, is also the cousin of Henry, I just have no idea when he comes in
Merlin and Jefferson: Merlin is a very wise for how old he looks but he's older than he looks, Maybe it's Merlin that gave him his hat [or have you already made that up] Yeah he's been around a bit so im sure they have met before.
1) They could. I am working really hard and having less random threads and more plots, so maybe we could sit on them for now and if something comes up we could work with them.
2) I totally forgot that Jefferson remembered the life from before! That would be really interesting when Winnie is Freddie and not the sweet girl she was before, especially since I posted on Grace's plot page that Freddie might have bullied her a little, but then, hopefully, she and Grace will become friends after the curse is broken, so that's all super cute. Anyway, yes, I am working on a thread for them to meet. Maybe we could have Grace join us, if that works out. =)
3) He could do that to keep an eye on her. She also runs the local orphanage and during the curse was very Ms. Hannigan from Annie like with that, so I suppose it might make sense if he saw that and then when she became Madeline again, those suspicions could linger. She comes off cold and aloof, but I'm trying to make her not come off as evil necessarily, but it might not work out lol. AND YES I WOULD LOVE IT IF HE TRIED TO CROSS HER. OMG. They could totally be enemies and then maybe she could do something to Grace in return and they would just have some mad hate for each other. I think these two could be really fun. Do you want to hold off on them while we do some Winnie/Jeff stuff or should we pop something up for them as well?
1) Jefferson is, as stated a hundred times before, incredibly partial to children. So yes--I think he would have sneakily tried to worm his way into Henry's life here and there, especially since Henry is in school with Grace. Jeff would have kept tabs on Grace in as many ways as humanly possible. Conspiracy theory style. No plan is too absurd for him. I'm cool with meetings in Season 1, 2 and 3b. 3b, I think it would be sweet if Henry, at some point, calms Jefferson's fear about the missing year, since Henry's thing is kind of seeing the good in everyone. He could do it directly or indirectly. Where would you like to start with a thread? c:
2) I imagine Jefferson and Pan have crossed paths at one point, possibly more. I think part of the reason Jeff is so reluctant to travel through Neverland is because he's been there once or twice before and he knows how difficult it is to move through the space without Pan's blessing. It's implied in-canon that Jefferson lost his wife because of his line of work. --If you want Pan to have taken her life, or faked it and kept her alive somewhere on the island, or be involved in any way in that subplot, I'm down. And yes! They can have also met up during the missing year as well.
3) We can hold off on Jeff and Conrad/Jeff and Will III. If something occurs naturally, cool. If not, no worries.
4) Awesome! Merlin is the original maker and/or gifter of Jefferson's beloved hat. ;D Thanks for making it so stylish, buddy. Kudos to you. What are you thinking about their relationship? My initial inclination is that Jefferson was using a difficult/outdated mode of transportation for a while and when he encountered Merlin, Merlin fixed that by giving him the hat. Alternately, Merlin could have come to Jefferson's world and given it to him, starting his portal-hopping career. Maybe Merlin needed him to run errands in other lands or fetch something specific for him?
5) Read Robert's profile and LOVED IT. <3 But I'm going to go ahead and point him towards Helen(a) of Troy and, if he's accepted, Thanatos. They're my 'Reaper'esque duo and thus would have a lot of opportunity to interact with, or at least know about, Rob. Probably, they cleaned up many of his messes after he was done destroying/killing.
Sounds good on all of that! Let's sit on the Madeline/Jefferson thread for now since you're trying to keep things compact and we've got one going for Winnie and Jeff that will probably eventually expand into more!
Post by Alice Kingsley on Mar 29, 2014 3:25:02 GMT -5
Alice & Jefferson -- they have to know one another from when Jeff was in Wonderland, because Alice knew where the Hatter's house was in one of the Wonderland episodes. We should figure something out with them. Their history and whatever.
And Alice Kingsley, of course! We could tea-party thread them, if you'd like? As that's sort of their staple thing. But we could put a twist on it as it seems to me that OUAT-world Hatter would not have the free will to be romping about at a table with the Door Mouse and March Hare all day err' day.
Post by Henry Mills on Mar 29, 2014 8:29:00 GMT -5
Henry and Jefferson: Yeah I'm sure Henry would also realize who Jefferson is from the book [Also His first meeting with Regina but no mention of who Whale is] and most likely have tried his best to tell Jeff things about her, that's if perhaps both Jeff and Henry met before he went to get Emma and Henry found out he had his memories? Though Jeff tells him not to tell Emma or something. In Season 3B I could see Henry calming his fears Indirectly considering he has no memories of Storybrooke he wont know who Jefferson is. I would Enjoy a thread set in season 1 I don't have that many there
Pan: and Jefferson: I could see him have, having taken Jefferson's wife and hidden her on the island somewhere as a way of perhaps warning Jefferson away from the island because adults suck! Or Just that he used Jefferson to get him something from somewhere he couldn't go or something ? Then he pretended she was dead when he came back and plans to use her as leverage again at some point?
Jeff, Conrad and Will II: I agree
Merlin: Yup Glad you like that idea, Merlin can be quite well yeah he's not a goody goody but he can be helpful if he wants to be, I could of seen it coming about with Jefferson's outdated mode of transport and Merlin having tapped into it's magic made the hat with it and added his own magic to it. Yeah Merlin most likely is using his own form of transportation but he doesn't use it much so he tends to ask Jefferson to get things for him. I like that idea.
Levi and Jeff: Sure I dont think you want Jeff that scared out of his wits
Henry: Awesome! Season 1 it is; I don't have any set during that period as well. Did you want to put them maybe in a park or somewhere near the school? Jefferson might also view Henry as means of manipulating Regina. Bad blood there, since he's aware of the curse and all.
Pan: That works for me! Did you want to thread them in/around that point or just use it as backstory?
Merlin: Awesome! This would all happen before/close to when Jefferson meets his wife, I think. Which land did you want to put them in?
Levi: xD Well, Jefferson is also a little jostled in the head after the first curse so I think we might want to protect the world from their combined crazy, at least for a little while.
Post by Conrad of Bayern/ Jason Kiral on Mar 30, 2014 13:56:19 GMT -5
Henry and Jeff: I'm up for a one near the school maybe he see's Henry skipping it on his way to his castle ? And decides to talk to him maybe he's shares his thought's about how his real mom his the saviour with Jeff ? Awww poor Henry he's always in the middle of people who hate Regina BUT YAY MANIPULATION Maybe Jeff could be another reason in the long list of reasons for Henry and Regina's season one rift.
Pan And Jeff: Would be cool to thread them in and around that point
Merlin: Maybe the land without colour which would be in the other worlds section would be awesome as Ive not had a character be there yet
Levi: Oh dear god yes too much crazy and the lands might just might explode
Hm. Well, we know that he frees her from the asylum and sends her to Gold. He's peaced-out-girlscout-style by the time she gets her memories back I believe. But maybe she could find him in The Enchanted Forest or he could cross her path during The Lost Year? Or in Curse 2.0? I'm trying to think up more of a substantial plot/adventure to give them so they'll have somewhere to go with an arc and all that. :]
AW WAIT. Just thought of something but going to PM you silently so I don't spoil anything for people.